C-RED 3: High Speed, Compact, TEC-less SWIR InGaAs Camera
640 x 512 px, 0.33 MP
Shutter Mode - Frame rate full frame
Global - 602 Hz
<50 e- (high gain, CDS)
USB3.1 or CameraLink (Full)
Specially designed for short exposure times applications, C-RED 3 is the fastest VGA uncooled camera for short wave infrared (SWIR) imaging.
C-RED 3 is using a TEC-less 640 x 512 InGaAs PIN Photodiode detector with 15 μm pixel pitch for high resolution, which embeds an electronic shutter with integration pulses shorter than 1 μs.
Operating from 0.9 to 1.7 µm, C-RED 3 is also capable of windowing down for higher frame rate. Multiple on-board functionalities are offered such as user configurations, NUC tables, adaptive bias and HDR mode.
Autonomous, ultra compact and perfect for stable temperature environments, C-RED 3 expands the C-RED family, offering a solution for every application and every budget.
C-RED 3 can also be supplied as OEM. Some applications include free space optical telecommunications (FSO), wavefront sensing camera, laser guide star, high-speed imaging, tracking etc.
The graph below shows the total noise (readout noise + dark current contribution) at different temperatures and exposure times.
First Light Vision GUI
First Light Vision Embedded Web Interface
Reasons to chose C-RED 3
C-RED3 is the fastest SWIR InGaAs in its category with 600FPS full frame.
C-RED3 offers <50e- of readout noise for high sensitivity.
HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE WITH HDR MODE
93 dB of linear dynamic range and true 16-bit images.
Enhance your vision with the HDR module enabled at full frame rate.
Affordable OEM version available for easy integration in complex systems.
UNIQUE ADAPTIVE BIAS
The adaptive BIAS correction allows to use the uncooled C-RED 3 in a variable temperature environment.
Each camera comes with a GUI and free SDK to develop your own solution under Linux, Windows and Jetson.
Plug-ins are available for: μManager, Labview, Python, C, C++, and more.
C-RED 3 High speed SWIR camera
Specially designed for short exposure times applications, C-RED 3 is the fastest VGA uncooled camera for short wave infrared (SWIR) imaging. High speed TECless SWIR imaging offers many advantages. C-RED 3 is using a TECless 640 x 512 InGaAs PIN Photodiode detector with 15 μm pixel pitch for high resolution, which embeds an electronic shutter with integration pulses shorter than 1 μs. Operating from 0.9 to 1.7 µm, C-RED 3 high speed SWIR camera is also capable of windowing and multiple on board functionalities. The software allows real time applications, and the interface is CameraLink full or USB3. Autonomous, ultra compact and perfect for stable temperature environments, C-RED 3 expands the C-RED family, offering a solution for every application and every budget. C-RED 3 high speed SWIR camera can also be supplied as OEM. Other uses of C-RED3 include free space telecommunications, FSO, wavefront sensing camera, laser guide star, fast infrared camera.
- up to 600 FPS full frame
- < 30 electron read out noise
- Adaptive BIAS
- 93 dB linear dynamic range and true 16 bits image
Advantages of C-RED 3
In the C-RED 3 camera, all the cooling system has been removed and the electronics squeezed to give a very compact high-speed SWIR camera. Below is a few insight into its advantages.
• Easy integration. The camera can be easily integrated in a system thanks to the holes on the bottom, the side, or the front, and has a C-Mount/CS-Mount/T-Mount optical interface for the objective. The OEM version is even more easy to fit any custom system. C-RED 3 is supported by our multi-camera software First Light Vision. Additionally, thanks to a versatile SDK, the camera can be interfaced with MatLab, LabView, Python, etc.
• High sensitivity. C-RED 3 compensates the dark current, necessarily high for a non-regulated camera, by a very high frame rate. When used in windowing (ROI) mode at higher frame rates (up to 32 066 fps), the dark current is completely negligible.
• On-the-fly adaptive bias/dark correction. To compensate the effects of temperature and exposure time variations on the dark frame, C-RED 3 High speed swir camera offers an adaptive correction. Dark frames are automatically computed by the camera firmware. Calibrated in factory, this process eliminates the need to perform multiple experimental bias/dark acquisitions, hence simplifying your experiments.
• Electronic shutter. C-RED 3 high speed swir camera embeds an electronic shutter with integration pulses shorter than 5 µs in full frame mode. • Windowing and Region of Interest (ROI). Windowing mode allows to achieve faster image rate while maintaining a very low noise, which is very interesting for FSO applications where a limited number of modes will be corrected, so a smaller amount of pixels needed.
• High frame rate. C-RED 3 high speed swir camera can work at 600 FPS in full frame mode. The frame rate increases up to several kHz in ROI mode (for example 9.5 kHz for a 64-by-64 pixels ROI).
• Low camera latency. The delay between the end of integration and the first valid data on camera link in normal readout mode full frame is 22.2 µs (default) and can be tuned down to 7.4 µs.
• Numerous synchronization mechanisms. Internal and external triggers allow optimal interface of the camera to the rest of the FSO and AO system (laser, computer, etc.).
C-RED 2 is the cooled version of C-RED 3 allowing long integration times.
High speed SWIR frame rate table
- 640 x 512 VGA InGaAs TECless 15 μm pixels detector
- Wavelength from 0.9 to 1.7 µm and 70% QE
- Electronic shutter <5 μs
- Non uniformity correction
- ROI for increased speed
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 or CameraLink™
- Possible optical interface: C-Mount, CS-Mount, T-Mount
- SWaP optimized: L 55 mm x W 55 mm x H 60 mm, 0.230 Kg, 6.5W typical
- Optional: Cooling adapter for thermal regulation